Okay, so I’m thigh deep in Pitch Wars submissions right now, and I’m LOVING every second of it. However, I know you guys are chomping at the bit for the 11th to roll around, so I thought I’d post a few teasers as to what is rocking my boat right now. But, oh, how to choose? I want you all to stay on the boat!
So, what’s staying on board so far?
1) The unusual – quirky retellings, LGBT, verse, graphic, and foklore, and contemp narratives with a twist.
2) Surprisingly, sci-fi is doing well.
3) Beautiful, languid prose.
4) Concept, concept, concept in mysteries & thrillers. Wow, you guys. Wow.
5) Some male writers are really making a splash. There’s a high percentage of men in my maybe file.
6) Banana writers. I was right to include this secret word, as those writers are showing PHENOMENAL skills in detail.
Okay, so those are the main things that really have me singing. I have a very unusual mixture of genres and writers in my Top Ten file at the moment and picking out who I want is going to be so hard. Really hard. Each book is so individually talented in its own way, that it’s going to come down to the nitty gritty. I’m going to have to compare the agent wish lists to what I’ve picked out and weigh that into my decisions.
I have requested more information from various people. Sometimes chapters, sometimes synopses, sometimes just to answer a question. However, there are a few of my favourites I haven’t contacted because they already gave me everything I needed to know.
Got any questions? Fire away in the comments…