Hi YA Bookcasers,
In April, I was on a little blogging hiatus. For all the great reasons – flying to the UK for my dad’s 70th birthday (we all chipped in and he’s flying to Vienna to see his favorite singer perform!). Buying my wedding dress (it wasn’t quite the one I thought I’d get (close though), but I fell in love…then I discovered it was on 70% sale! What a piece of luck!). Brainstorming my new W.I.P, spending time with my amazing family, and catching up on the non-writing parts of life. And that’s what I’d like to talk about today…life outside of writing, for both you and me. So let’s get started.
Distancing ourselves from writing is hard for many of us to achieve, especially when we’re striving for publishing success. In fact, life can revolve around it. Even when we’re off doing something else, it lingers at the back of our minds – will I finish that book? Will my query do well? Will an agent sign me? Will I sell my book? Can I handle this career? Am I good enough? The list goes on exponentially, and it hovers over us a lot of the time.
Now, it’d be easy enough for me to list off ways to distract yourself from your writing. But that’s not what I want to do right now. What I want is to get to know you, and for you to get to know me. To share the parts of yourself that you’re most excited about that don’t include writing. What have you done lately that makes you proud? Makes you smile? What are your passions? What would you like most to achieve outside your writing life? How do you feel? What are your thoughts on the universe and how it’s made? Do aliens exist? If you could change one thing for the greater good, what would it be?
These are just a tiny amount of the questions I’m wondering about all of you (btw, feel free to message me whatever you’d like to share if you’d rather not put it in the comments!).
I’ll self-indulge a little and give you an insight into who I am, aside from a writer.
- One of my goals is to become a better horse rider, but to lessen the pressure on myself about it. To just enough every second and to be proud of every improvement (no matter how small) that I make.
- I believe in evolution, and I lean toward the Big Bang theory (and the TV series, too lol).
- My passions include: horse riding, saving German Shepherds, helping people, thinking of thoughtful gifts to give people, hiking, swimming, reading, writing, baking, day dreaming, saying goodnight to my angels every night, history, odd facts, and hoping to find more adventure in my life.
- I don’t think I believe in aliens…maybe that’s arrogant that I think we’re the only humanoid life form on the planet…I don’t know.
- Puppies make me smile. Making someone happy makes me smile. Jokes make me smile.
- I’m a complete introvert who looks very social on the outside.
- I’m intrigued by tarot.
- I’m proud I took a plane by myself to the UK when I’m scared of flying.
- I have epilepsy, early-onset osteoarthritis (at the grand old age of 36!), a neurogenic bladder, anxiety, and spastic reflexes (a real term, not a slight). I’m happy.
- And if I could change one thing in the world? It would be for everyone to achieve their healthy, happy, and good goals.
All right, so that’s just the tip of the iceberg of the person I call myself. DM me on Twitter or Facebook with your thoughts about yourself, if you like, as I’d love to get to know you a lot better! Or leave a comment if that’s your thing! Friends are important.
Until next time!